Saturday, November 14, 2009

It's Still Surreal

It's been about 6 months since I found out about my conception.  The shock is gone, I think.  It's still surprising, though, to think that I have a biological father out there, somewhere, probably practicing medicine, somewhere.  And maybe I have half-siblings, somewhere.  And maybe, somewhere in his heart, does he wonder about me? 

I've wondered about him...what he looks like...what mannerisms of his that I might have...what he thinks about about that day in August of 1976...

He's known about me for 33 years.  I've known about him for 6 months.

He has no idea, but he has five amazing, beautiful grandchildren.  Three of them probably look just like him since they look just like me.  He is so missing out on knowing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment