Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hi Anonymous!

Thanks for reading my blog and rooting for me!

Yes, I've read the argument that you recorded before and I think it is definitely true.  I've been writing something else, outside of my blog, and I actually talked about that idea.  As I was trying to describe it, I realized that Newton's Third Law of Physics perfectly describes the way I feel, and certainly I'm not the only one.  Newton's Law says, "For ever action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."  The action that my parents took to alleviate their pain caused me to have pain - the reaction. 

Kathleen LaBounty says it this way: "I just think it's a transferring of loss," Kathleen says today. "The parents are pursuing this, and by going through anonymous donation, they get their dream of parenthood. But then that loss is just transferred to us..." (see article here)

1 comment:

  1. Kudos for your courage to seek truth.

    I think its quite possible, though, that both of your parents, but especially your father, had his own loss too, as a result of this decision.

    ReplyDelete