Thursday, May 13, 2010

Today is my birthday

I found out about my conception almost two weeks after my 32nd birthday last year, so this is the first birthday I've experienced knowing the truth. 

Rather than being discouraged that this is just one more in a long line of birthdays spent without knowing my biological father, I'm rejoicing in the fact that the Lord has given me another year.  I'm so thankful for all of the wonderful gifts God has given me - a wonderful husband, five beautiful children, and a real Father who I never have to search for.  Thank You, Lord, for your goodness to me!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm the birthday angel, I like to surprise people on the internet who post on adoption boards by picking a person born on today's date and then I go find their family and call them up and tell them "hey your mom was looking for you too! Happy Birthday".

    I'm sorry your father does not know your birthday. That is a big fat gyp. But he'll be very proud of you and he won't forget your birthday once you tell him. I believe that. And I don't even know if I believe in God but I believe in that.

    ReplyDelete